From Heber City, Utah, take Highway 40 east for 33 miles. Turn south on Forest Road 090 and travel 5 miles. Campground is 1 mile past Soldier Creek Dam.
HEBER RANGER DISTRICT 435-654-0470 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
BIKING, BOATING, CAMPING, FISHING, HIKING, PICNICKING
ASPU,UINTA NF – FS,UT
Aspen Grove Campground is located near Soldier Creek Dam above the Soldier Creek section of beautiful Strawberry Reservoir. Visitors flock to Strawberry for its excellent fishing, boating and trail opportunities.
Strawberry Reservoir offers excellent boating, water skiing and canoeing. Anglers fish for rainbow trout, cutthroat trout and Kokanee salmon.
Aspen Grove Day Use Area is less than 1/4 mile below the campground. A boat ramp, boat rentals, slips, a fish cleaning station and small general store are on-site.
The 12-mile Strawberry Narrows Trail begins at the day-use area. This scenic trail offers views of the reservoir and is open to hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.
The campground offers several single and double-family sites, three of which are accessible. Improvements include paved roads and spurs, cement pads, tables and fire circles. There is no phone service. You must stay on the site you reserve; no site swapping is allowed. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided.
42 single sites – $23.00, capacity – 8 people + 1 vehicle
10 double sites – $46.00, capacity – 16 people
1 single site w/electricity/water/sewer – $36.00, capacity- 8 people
Picnicking (day use) in the campground – $9.00
Extra vehicle – $9.00 per vehicle
Boat launch at campground – $9.00
The campground lies in an aptly named mountain setting at an elevation of 7,800 feet. Aspen Grove’s Loop A is situated among dense stands of aspen, which offer nice shade and stunning fall colors.
Loop B is much more open, covered only with sagebrush and grasses. There is no shade on this loop. The campground offers views of the reservoir.
The Strawberry OHV Trail System offers 75 miles of trails. Hikers and mountain bikers enjoy the extensive trail system as well.
Strawberry Visitor Center has interpretive displays, a working fish trap and egg collection station and a nature trail.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
Reserve your spot now: