Travel 22 miles east of Roseburg (1-mile east of Idleyld Park) on Highway 138, turn left on Rock Creek Road and travel five miles. Millpond is on the right.
CAMPING, HIKING, SWIMMING SITE
Nestled along the clear waters of Rock Creek, Millponds lush forest gives way to spacious grassy areas, great for day-use and running the kids and dogs. A children’s play area, a large ball-field, interpretive panels, swimming areas, and a large reservable pavilion are all available at Millpond. There is a short nature trail on the west end of the campground and the mile-long Sawmill Trail to the east. Rock Creek is closed to all angling however its a great place to see migrating and spawning salmon and steelhead.
Know Before You Go:
- All 12 campsites (except site #1), restrooms, water spigots, trails, and the pavilion are wheelchair accessible.
- Typically open mid-May through late-September.
- To reserve the pavilion, visit www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777. There is a 250 person group size limit for the pavilion.
- Pets are allowed in the campground, but must be kept on a 6-foot or shorter leash.
- Campsites are first come first serve.
Point of Interest:
For a family-friendly destination, the nearby Rock Creek Fish Hatchery allows visitors to view salmon and steelhead and an opportunity to feed trout!