From I-215, take the 6200 South exit and travel a mile east to Wasatch Blvd. Take Wasatch Blvd 3 miles south to junction with Little Cottonwood Canyon/Highway 210. Take a left at the junction and travel up Little Cottonwood Canyon for 4.1 miles to the campground.
SALT LAKE RANGER DISTRICT OFFICE 801-733-2660 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
BIKING, CAMPING, FISHING, HIKING, DAY USE AREA, SCENIC DRIVE
TANN,WASATCH-CACHE NF – FS
Tanners Flat Campground is located in scenic Little Cottonwood Canyon at an elevation of 7,200 feet, just 6 miles from Sandy, Utah. The canyon offers many hiking and biking opportunities.
Hiking and mountain biking trailheads can be found throughout the canyon. Hikers enjoy Red Pine Lake, White Pine Lake and Maybird Gulch, all beautiful hikes leading to alpine lakes. Mountain bikers enjoy the Cottonwood Creek Trail and Albion Meadows Trail.
Little Cottonwood Creek offers good trout fishing and is a favorite among local fly-fishermen.
The campground contains 31 single sites, three double sites, four overnight group sites and an amphitheater. The family and overnight group sites have picnic tables and campfire rings. The group overnight sites also have grills and serving tables. The amphitheater has benches and a presentation area, but does not have tables or a fire ring. The amphitheater is available in four hour blocks (8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-10pm).
Flush and vault toilets are provided, as is drinking water. A volleyball court is available but campers must bring their own net and ball. Firewood is available for purchase from the host. Roads and parking spurs are paved.
31 Single Sites – $26.00, capacity – 8 people
3 Double Sites – $53.00, capacity – 16 people
Amphitheater (4 hour block) – $35.00, capacity – 30 people
3 Group Sites A, B, C – $105.00, capacity – 25 people
Group Site D – $175.00, capacity – 50 people
The campground is set among a forest of shady pine, aspen, oak and maple trees. Vivid summer wildflowers are abundant, and autumn leaves put on quite a show. Little Cottonwood Creek runs along the edge of the campground.
Little Cottonwood Canyon is a beautiful area known for its soaring peaks, unique geology, pristine hidden lakes and cascading streams. Numerous hiking and mountain biking trails are in the area. Rock climbing is a popular activity as well.
Snowbird Resort is a few miles up-canyon, offering scenic tram rides, hiking, mountain biking, restaurants, groceries, an Alpine Slide, zip line rides, concerts and various festivals.
Albion Basin, part of Alta Ski Resort just a few miles further up-canyon, hosts the Wasatch Wildflower Festival annually in late July/early August, complete with guided nature walks. Numerous hiking trails can be found in Albion Basin, including the 1.5-mile round-trip hike to Cecret Lake.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
Reserve your spot now: